St. James, Layou with St.Mary, Buccament
Priest in Charge: The Rev’d Eleanor Glasgow, M.A., B.A.
Parish of St. James,
Layou with St. Mary,
1(784)458-7424 (R ) / 1(784)-527-4243
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com (Personal)
The Cathedral Church of St. George is located on Grenville Street in Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, West Indies. The Cathedral is the mother church of the Diocese of the Windward Islands, which is part of the Province of the West Indies.
The church was built on the site of an earlier Anglican Church which was destroyed by a hurricane in 1780. The new church, which was dedicated on the 1st September 1820, though still majestic, is now in need of extensive restoration.
The Cathedral is part of the parish of Saints George and Andrew. This parish also includes the Church of the Transfiguration at Lowmans Hill (Leeward), the Church of the Ascension at Sion Hill and the Church of the Holy Redeemer at Redemption Sharpes.