To: Clergy and People
From: The Bishop
7th July, 2016
The Rev’d Canon Michael Marshall is currently in Jamaica representing the Diocese at a meeting of the Church in the Province of the West Indies Provincial Commission on Mission, Renewal, Ecumenism and Interfaith.
There will a meeting of the Church in the Province of the West Indies Provincial Commission on Social Justice and Human Rights in the Diocese in the Archdeaconry of St. Vincent and the Grenadines from Tuesday to Thursday 12th – 14th July, 2016 at the Anglican Pastoral Centre, Montrose, Kingstown. The Venerable Christian Glasgow will be representing the Diocese at this meeting also in attendance will be Mr. Clifton Nedd. There will be representatives from the eight Diocese of the province.
I invite you to join me in welcoming The Rev’d Fr. Reginald Knight to the Diocese, he is from the Diocese of Barbados and will be here for approximately eight weeks, serving in the Archdeaconry of St.Vincent and the Grenadines.
The Rev’d Eleanor Glasgow has resumed her duties as priest in charge of the parish of St. James, Layou after her period of absence for medical attention. We give thanks to God for his healing grace and love.
The Rev’d Canon Clement Francis continues to undergo physio therapy and other medical checks.
The Rev’d Mr. Neville Glean is still in hospital in England.
Provincial Youth Gathering
The Provincial Youth Gathering 2016 will be held in the Diocese of the Windward Islands from 16-23 July, 2016 the following is from a news release from the Provincial Youth Commission:
ST. GEORGE,GRENADA: 4TH JULY 2016:CPWI- PVC
Anglican Youth Gathering Ill of the Church in the Province of the West Indies
The Anglican Church will be hosting Provincial Youth Gathering Ill in Grenada from July 16-23, 2016. This youth gathering is the premier youth event of the Church in the Province of the West Indies which is the member-church of the Anglican Communion in the Caribbean.
Provincial Youth Gathering Ill is held under the theme: ”Anglican Youth – Co-workers with Christ: Living the Faith.” It will bring together 160 young persons from Grenada and the rest of the CPWI-Caribbean for a week of prayer, study and reflection on the 5 Marks of Mission of the Anglican Communion. These 5 marks of mission are:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth
The list of 15 speakers for the week include:
- His Grace The Most Revd Dr, The Hon John W D Holder, CBE, LLD- Archbishop of the West Indies, Primate and Metropolitan
- His Lordship The Rt. Revd C. Leopold Friday, BA, MA- Bishop of the Windward Islands
- The Rt. Revd l. Errol Brooks, OBE, JP, BA, Th.M.- Bishop of the North Eastern Caribbean and Aruba
- The Rev’d Canon John Kafwanka, Director for Mission at the Anglican Communion Office
- Ms. Heather Stewart, Child Protection Specialist, UNICEF Office for the Eastern Caribbean
Members of the public are invited to the following events:
- Opening Eucharist: Sunday 17th July, 3:30pm at St. Patrick’s Parish Church
- Keynote Lecture: Monday 18th July 9am at Spice Basket in Beaulieu
- Buffet Dinner under the Distinguished Patronage of Her Excellency, the Governor General, 20th July, 7:30pm at Spice Basket in Beaulieu. Contribution $100.00- Dinner proceeds in aid of St. George’s Anglican Church rehabilitation project.
- Closing Eucharist: Friday 22nd July 6:00pm at Bourne Lecture Hall, St. George’s
University- True Blue Campus
A detailed programme is attached. Public events are highlighted in blue. For questions contact: St. Paul’s Rectory at 1 (473)-440-1007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the 5 Marks of Mission visit: www.anglicancommunion.org/identity/marks-of-mission.aspx
For more information on the Provincial Youth Gathering visit: www.CPWiyouth.org
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CPWIYouth
With every good wish and God’s blessings!
The R . Rev’d C. Leopold Friday
Bishop of the Windward Islands