To: Clergy and People
From: The Archdeacon with oversight of the Diocese
23rd July, 2021
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ.
We have learnt of the health challenges of the Reverend Father & Mrs. Raymond Roberts of the Archdeaconry of Grenada. Your prayers are requested for them and family at this time.
Friday, the 16th of July 2021, the Reverend Miss Kadisha Smart arrived in Saint Lucia to begin her placement in the Parish of Holy Trinity, Castries, with St Mary the Virgin, La Caye. Reverend Smart will reside at the Curate’s Lodge, Trinity Church Road, Castries and has immediately entered a two-week period of home quarantine. Let us uphold her in prayers as she begins the Diaconate ministry and continues her training for the Priesthood.
The Diocesan Youth Co-Ordinator, Mrs Sheree-Ann Auld-Mark, has asked to share the following:
- There will be a meeting for all youth in the Diocese on 1st August 2021, 5:00 pm via Zoom. The objective of the meeting will be towards bonding, networking, and fellowship, to engage youth, and get their input, ideas and suggestions on matters pertaining to the spiritual and holistic development within the church. A flyer and the zoom information will be circulated via social media.
- Provincial Youth Fellowship Weekend will be celebrated from October 8th to October 10th, 2021. Young persons are invited to design and submit suitable themes for the week. The theme should include any or all, of the following words, reconnecting, community, diversity, and togetherness. The deadline for submission of the theme is July 31st, 2021. Submissions can be sent to the following addresses:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 1 758 285 9200
- email@example.com, 1 473 405 3493
- firstname.lastname@example.org, 1 784 531 8470
- August 12th will be observed as International Youth Day. The activity for this day will be observed at the Provincial level and all youth from the Diocese are invited to participate in the activity which will include an address by a guest speaker, to be followed by a fun and games evening. The theme of International Youth Day is, “Transforming Food Systems: Youth Innovation for Human and Planetary Health”, with the aim ofhighlighting that the success of such global effort will not be achieved without the meaningful participation of young people. The link will be provided closer to the day.
You are asked to encourage your young people to participate in these activities and to give your prayerful support for the growth and development of the Youth Ministry in the Diocese.
Yours in Christ
The Ven. C. E. Glasgow
Archdeacon with Oversight of the Diocese